How is security procurement evolving for MSPs in 2023?
19 April 2023, Online
Channel Partner Insight returns with its flagship
broadcast event, Inside Track
This year we take a deep dive into one of the hottest topics in the channel - Security.
Join us online on the 19 April to hear leading channel executives discuss some of the most influential and prevalent trends in the cybersecurity market right now.
Panel topics will include how security procurement has changed from the Covid era to current economic downturn, how vendors are supporting their partners during this period, the latest trends involving remote working and cybersecurity, and mass vendor layoffs.
Days until event:
- Connect with channel leaders from across EMEA
- Join us from anywhere on your desktop or tablet, for free
- Ask industry experts your burning questions
Network with sponsors in the virtual exhibition
Check out the 2023 agenda:
Last year IT budgets were strapped owing to the after effects of Covid-19.
But now European businesses are being met with strenuous economic conditions that are impacting procurement in the cybersecurity market.
Analyst house Gartner even downgraded its predictions for 2023 global IT spending as inflation continues to erode consumer purchasing power and shrink device budgets.
It now expects $4.5trn to be spent this year, an increase of 2.4 per cent from 2022, but a dip from the previous quarter's forecast of 5.1 per cent growth.
Vendors are having to get creative when navigating these changing procurement patterns and prolonged sales cycles, but how are MSPs being affected?
In this panel session we will discuss:
- The latest trends in remote working and cybersecurity -
- Partner/vendor relationships and whether the former are providing enough support
- What combative methods from the Covid era have stayed and continue to be of use
2023 has so far been dominated by layoff announcements from major channel vendors.
Tech giants including Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Sophos, Citrix, Cisco and Amazon have made cuts to their global workforce in the thousands with possibly more to come, each citing over-hiring and economic conditions as the key reasons why.
This, coupled with the ongoing gap in security recruitment, is proving more than difficult for organisations wanting to push ahead with innovation and expansion.
This panel discussion will cover:
- How is the partner community being affected by mass layoffs? What are the challenges?
- Are they hitting pause on recruitment while the economy remains volatile?
- How can the role of MSPs be better optimised to battle this staff shortage?
- Should MSPs approach vendors for more support in driving talent their way?
Trends, as is the definition, develop and change over time across all sectors, and the competitive cybersecurity industry is no exception.
Threat detection and response tools and two factor authentication are continually on the rise.
Reports are hailing third-party risk management while Gartner predictions are placing zero trust security at the forefront.
With these solutions alongside an array of other tech choices, partners and vendors alike may be unclear which direction is best to allocate its resources.
In this panel leading channel figures will talk about:
- Which technology solutions will have the spotlight in 2023?
- What decisions do partners need to be making now in order to best position themselves for the year ahead?
- Where specifically should MSPs invest in security this year?
Interested in being involved with Inside Track? Contact the team today!